Date added: 17 September 2018
Organisation: Technical University of Wien
Location: Vienna, Austria
The Remote Sensing research group of the Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, TU Wien is currently looking to recruit a motivated SAR Data Processing Specialist.
To support the research work of their team, the department is looking for a skilled SAR data processing specialist with a background or interest in geospatial sciences.
- Processing and analysis of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data
- Developing scientific algorithms in the fields of radar remote sensing, image processing, Big Data analysis
- Contribution in software development using object-oriented programing language
- Prototyping, implementing, and testing of processing chains and generation of value-added products
- Writing technical documents, project reports and scientific journal papers
- Master (or equivalent) degree OR PhD degree in geodesy, geoinformation sciences, informatics, physical geography, mathematics, or similar
- Excellent programming skills (Python and/or IDL, Matlab, Fortran, C++, ...)
- Experience in SAR signal processing and derivation of geophysical parameters from SAR (e.g. soil moisture, water bodies, vegetation, snow and ice, ...)
- Strong analytical and technical skills and problem solving capability
- Solid knowledge of statistical methods for temporal and spatial analysis of scientific data
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
Learn more about the opportunity and how to apply.